Washing & Product Care - Heart of Vermont
Heart of Vermont
- Our washable bedding is made oversized to accommodate the shrinkage that occurs with the use of 100% Organic Cotton. Therefore, we always recommend that you wash your bedding before you use it.
- Washing Instructions Machine wash and dry. Please use environmentally safe detergents and softeners. Vinegar makes a wonderful environmentally safe fabric softer. No Chlorine Bleach!
NON WASHABLE BEDDING
- Our "stuffed" items (futons, comforters, pillows) are not washable. We sell covers for all these items, as well as barrier cloth protectors. If you find that you do need to clean your non-washable item we recommend spot cleaning the item.
- Try to keep it as dry as possible as you don't want the moisture to collect inside and cause mold. Once you have cleaned the spot lay it out to dry. "Sunbaking" is a cleaning technique which utilizes the UV rays from the sun to clean and sanitize your items. This is a wonderful technique to use whenever possible.
- Set the item out in direct sunlight in a closed, but not air tight black bag (air tight bag can have moisture accumulate on the insides) and let it sit for a few hours. The black bag will attract the UV rays and help speed the process along, but if you can't use a bag letting the item sit out in the sun will still help clean and sanitize it and it will smell wonderful when you bring it back inside.